The Department of Surgery is a truly first-rate, time-tested unit of Capitol Med. The Operating Room is one of the major contributors to the success of the institution, boasting of a roster of highly skilled surgeons and surgical staff. With its extensive range of available surgical procedures, advanced equipment, and dedicated staff, this department is national a leader in providing surgical care.
Since its modest beginnings, Capitol Med has pioneered medical accomplishments, including:
- The first successful kidney transplant performed in 1970 by a group of young doctors who teamed up in the quest for modern scientific advancement in the country.
- The first hair transplant under cosmetic surgery
- The establishment of the first and only Spine Care Center in the country during the latter part of the 1970s with its orthopedic sub-specialties and highly sophisticated equipment, and
- The first Laparoscopic Nephrectomy performed by CMC surgeons in 2003
- 8 Operating Theatres
- Endoscopy Unit
- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery
- Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery Care Unit
In these operating theatres, various kinds of surgical procedures are routinely performed, ranging from minor cases such as excision biopsies to major ones such as craniotomies and thoracic and cardiovascular surgeries. Patients also have access to the latest medical techniques and procedures such as laparoscopic and endoscopic surgeries. Modern surgical facilities include the Leica Microscope, Storz Laparoscopy, Infiniti Phaco Machine, and Heart-Lung Machine.