Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory
Sophisticated EEG/EMG diagnostic procedures and imaging methods to identify and treat neurological conditions
Our Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory provides leading-edge diagnostic procedures to help neurologists identify neurological disorders and develop treatment plans at an early, effective stage. It uses measurement of electrical activity from the central and peripheral nervous system to help diagnose and manage a wide range of neurological conditions across age groups.
At the heart of clinical neurophysiology practice are the following:
EEG is a brain wave test that detects abnormalities in the electric activity of the brain. This valuable, painless diagnostic aid assesses brain disorder by recording electrical activity from the scalp. These disorders and issues include:
- Seizure disorders
- Head trauma or injuries
- Cerebrovascular accidents
- Sleep disorders
- Causes of unconsciousness
- Infectious diseases of the nervous system
- Brain tumor
- Evaluation of brain function in metabolic disorders
- Organic causes of psychiatric and behavioral adjustment problems in children
The CMC Clinical Neurophysiology Lab uses the latest technology and combines new machines with comprehensive analysis.
EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity Studies (EMG-NCS) are neurophysiologic exams that record the electrical activity of the peripheral nervous system and muscles. They offer insight into the integrity of the peripheral nervous system, neuromuscular junction, and muscles. The EMG study aids in determining if a problem involves the nerves or the muscles. Relevant disorders include:
- Cervical and lumbosacral radiculopathies
- Plexopathies and distal neuropathies
- Muscle diseases
This is a routine examination consisting of two parts: the nerve conduction study, and the electromyography proper. During both sections of the text, the patient will be asked to lie down or sit comfortably depending on the body part to be tested. In the hands of an experienced electromyographer, this test is generally well-tolerated.
Services at a Glance
The lab provides electro neurodiagnostic services for inpatients and outpatients, both adults and children.
- Precise clinical examination
- EEG and EMG
- Imaging methods such as computer tomography (CT) scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the skull and spinal cord, along with nuclear medicine scintigraphic methods
- Further diagnostic focus on extracranial and transcranial Doppler sonography of the cerebral vessels
Ask a question
- Address Clinical Neurophysiology Lab, 2nd Flr, CMC I Bldg., Quezon Avenue Cor. Scout Magbanua St., Quezon City, Philippines, 1103
- Email email@example.com
- Phone (+632) 8372-38-25
- Fax (+632) 411-43-20